Monday, March 30, 2015

Success Tip #40 BE THE CHANGE

Be The Change

I felt my self waking up and I knew it was time to arise. I had committed myself to Benjamin Franklin’s mantra: Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. It was still dark outside and a small rectangular patch of light softly bathed my room from the security light in the parking lot. As I lay very still and waited, I heard him say, “You know it works, but quit trying to tell them and show them. The techniques of the program you want to share, the benefits of taking action, stepping into the six-figure arena—don’t just tell them show them. Be the change”. The light bulb – yes, the proverbial light bulb, came on over my head. Be the change you want to see. Don’t just talk about it. Be the light that leads them out of darkness. Though he spoke softly it sounded like thunder to my spirit man.

The "Be the Change" event is in May 2015 and I had opted out of being there, even though there was that little nagging thought at the back of my mind saying "you need to be there". There was another voice saying “no, it costs too much, you don’t have the funds, you’ll just be disappointed again, don’t waste the money" and a number of other excuses. You know, the ones that pin your feet to the floor and keep you from doing the thing you know you must do.

I realized that I had been declaring to others with great assurance and enthusiasm how they could have anything they wanted or be anything they wanted. All that is necessary is to decide what you want, visualize that one thing on a daily basis, decide on a definite plan, and take action every day. I am one of the greatest teachers in the world and others tell me so, but when it came down to where the rubber meets the road, instead of practicing what I preached, I pulled out my bag of excuses and returned to “logic and reason.” I had been awakened at 5:00 am in more ways than one. Now it was 5:15 and time to get it done.

I had just emerged from the wilderness and like Moses, he was asking me to go back and show others the way.  Moses had left his comfort zone abruptly in order to help others. The truth is, that’s the only way to leave your “comfort zone”.  And I found out, the comfort “zone” isn't a “zone” at all.  It’s a thin line drawn in the sand and life is taunting us saying, “I dare you to step over it.” 

We stand trembling as if we know that should we take the dare, it would mean sudden death. Stepping over the line is not sudden death; it is the entrance to the life we were born to live.  



Like the walls of Jericho, the Comfort Zone Wall seems impenetrable but with God all things are possible. Jericho’s wall came down and so will mine and yours. Walk around it 7 days if that is what God is telling you, then shout and go forward. The wall is weakening with each step we take.


Today I decide to step over the line and live the life I was born to live. I know you probably are already being the change you want to see in others, but as for me, I had to break through some old mindsets. It was and is a journey. I’m writing a book about it called “Murder of a Mindset”. It’s gonna be a thriller. And oh yeah, I've changed my mind. I'm going to the Be The Change Event in Orlando May 2015.


In the beginning, God visited Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and talked with them in the cool of the day. He still comes to the Adam (earth man) and wakes me with the sound of his voice.

Apostle EJ
MarketPlace Apostle
Success In Life Training Institute (visit our page on Facebook)






No comments:

Post a Comment