Tuesday, December 6, 2011

THE GIFT OF FRIENDSHIP

A Great Occasion for Gift Giving
I've been thinking (because that's what I do best), about the art of gift giving. There are many occasions in life where the giving of a gift is necessary.Sometimes, it's to say I love you and sometimes it's to say I'm sorry, I've been a jerk, but sometimes, it's a "just because".  Just because it feels good to give, ya know.  I am visiting with my friend in Navarre, Fl and since we have been back together again, we have been giving each other little gifts of kindness. First she and then me. I asked to borrow a red shirt one day and she pulled out the most beautiful red, 3-quarter length sweater that made me feel ever so special. Because it looked so good on me, she proceeded to gift it to me and then, she found the perfect necklace to accent the total look. I had not felt that special in a very long time. Now, each time I wear it, someone compliments me, and not just on it, but on my hair, or my lipstick, or my jewelry. And much to my surprise, she used to be a Park Lane representative like me, or maybe better than me. We have not seen each other for at least 20 years but we have traveled parallel journeys in the workplace. It's awesome.

We have been going many places in her attempt to get me to relocate to Florida. Some days, I feel like I have  "nothing to wear". You know the feeling we get sometimes. But I have discovered that you can "glam" up jeans and a t-shirt with the right piece of jewelry and the right pair of shoes. So Girl, get your "glam" on! It doesn't have to be a special occasion, but it's just because you're special.

Jewelry Tip: If you place a piece of chalk in your jewelry container, it will keep down the moisture content and the possibility of tarnishing. Neat, huh?

I'd like to invite you to see the glamorous neckware and other specials at www.myparklane.com/emelvin.  And guess what! There is a sale going on right now! We're practically giving away "glam".  Since I'm at the beach, check out "Ocean Breeze". If you don't want to wear it, consider making it a gift of friendship. Until next time, here's looking at and loving the look "of you".

No comments:

Post a Comment